Live Music Venue
Income lost: $30k – $50k estimated debt will be incurred
- Email: email@example.com
- GoFundMe: www.gofundme.com/f/High-Dive-Relief
- Cash App ID: https://www.highdivegainesville.com for more info on how to help
- Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
High Dive is a cultural institution in downtown Gainesville, and the epicenter of the local music and events scene. This has been the home of live music in Gainesville going back to the 90s as Covered Dish and Common Grounds. High Dive has thrived in this location for 8+ years.
The State of FL has ordered all bars and nightclubs shut for the next 30 days. Unfortunately, this is likely just the beginning of the disruption we will see. The next several months will be a very trying time for our business, our staff and their loved ones, and the artists whose shows are being affected. Please keep us all in your thoughts.
Our goal is to reopen as soon as safely possible and continue to deliver you the 1st class concert and event experience you have trusted us to bring you for the last 8+ years. However, we must be honest that this will not be possible without support from the community. Our monthly bills are in the multiple 10’s of thousands and we have no way to make money without people in the building – alcohol and ticket sales are our only sources of revenue. With that said, we are open to any ideas, suggestions, or offerings from the community, and are launching the following efforts to keep us afloat in these lean times.
1) Summer Season Pass: We are launching our Summer Season Pass program early. Like always, the Season Pass will get you in to EVERY show on our calendar for the whole Summer, even if the show is Sold Out. Quantity of passes will also be limited. Due to the current climate, we are unsure what shows will be on our summer calendar, but we can tell you that a lot of the shows which are cancelling or rescheduling right now are asking about new summer dates. Also be assured that once things are right in the world again and it is apparent when we can re-open, we will be calling on a lot of friends and past High Dive acts to play a show. Cost of the passes will be on a sliding scale system from $59 – $199 (plus fees). All purchases will include High Dive merch such as a sticker, coozie, t- shirt or hoodie. This is the best way you can help us pay some of our expenses now while also getting an incredible value back in return. ALL SHOWS IN THE SUMMER (PLUS MERCH) FOR ONE FIXED PRICE, we mean it! Available at highdivegainesville.com and then picked up at the venue at the start of the summer semester.
2) GIFT CARDS: We have launched E-Gift Cards which are valid for any individual show ticket purchased at our box office / door, or any bar purchase. These are virtual declining balance cards with no expiration date. PURCHASE GIFT CARDS HERE
3) Table & Chair Rentals: We have 150 folding chairs and 10 folding tables. We will rent and deliver them to you. Every dollar you spend on these things will go towards paying any unavoidable overhead (such as rent, utilities, insurance) during this forced closure and allowing us to continue paying core staff.
There will be more things announced as we get them together including ways to directly help our staff. We need your help to survive! Please email us if you want to help!
Thank you Gainesville for allowing us to serve you for 8+ years. We hope to have 8 more.
The High Dive Team